Patch 1.9.3Patched on Tue 2011-10-04
UPCOMING PATCH - 10/4/2011
Economy Changes: The economy of Fallen Earth has always been fairly haphazard. Some items were far rarer than intended, others were more common, and their use in recipes had little connection to the intended difficulty of crafting those recipes. This patch is our first step toward creating tiers of rarity. Common items are easily obtained, challenging content will provide uncommon items, and the rarest items are found in the most dangerous areas. Advanced item recipes will require some rare materials, and Improved item recipes will require some uncommon ones.
• Node placement has been redone.
• Creature drops were reworked to account for new item rarity levels, and to better provide the appropriate level drops.
• Many recipes have been altered so that the rarity of their components better matches the intended difficulty of the recipe.
• Some unnecessary components have been removed, mostly from Cooking. All removed components (such as Tiny Orange) will still function in recipes, but will no longer drop or be required.
• Component prices have been redone by rarity and level.
• There are no longer recipes to create or refine Merchant-Only, Uncommon, and Rare components.
• Books teaching recipes that create or refine Merchant-Only, Uncommon, or Rare components have been removed from merchants.
• Most merchants selling craftable items have been removed, or have had those items removed from their inventory.
• A merchant selling dyable clothing items that cannot be crafted has been added to barter towns.
• Doubled the duration on consumables whose duration had previously been reduced.
• Consumables will not persist through regeneration at LifeNet.
• Consumables that increase Willpower now provide Gamma Regeneration, instead of or in addition to their Willpower boost.
• Stock Food and Drink items have been adjusted so that there is now a stock food and drink option for all level brackets.
• Several items and abilities that can heal NPCs have been fixed to only heal intended targets.
• Several mission items that can deal damage have been fixed to only damage the mission targets.
• Improved custom color window for custom colored weapons.
• Instant Success missions will no longer get stuck in the mission journal without showing a reward window. These missions should either autocomplete or pop up the reward window.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the Wounded Traveler Merchant to despawn early in the mission “Blaze a Path” (Alpha County).
• Fixed a case where missions (primarily escorts) could fail on crossing server boundaries.
• Several camp objects and NPCs have more health.
• Several camp objects and NPCs that are placed outside of PvP zones or Progress Towns can no longer be attacked.
• Changed how the Camp Griefer debuff is triggered.
• Added a limit to the number of Bunkers, windmills, water towers and pump jacks that can be placed in a single town.
• Increased the maximum potential attackers per wave.
• All Progress Town buildings have now been updated to the new models. .
• PvP areas now have both a minimum and maximum level for the purposes of the Equalizer debuff. Sector 1 areas are 0-20, Sector 2 areas are 15-35, Sector 3 and higher areas are 30-55. If you and your target are in that level range, you will not get the Equalizer debuff. If your target is below the minimum level, you will not get the Equalizer debuff.
• The maximum level for all missions in Sector 3 Conflict Towns has been increased to level 55.
• Players that die outside of a PvP area should no longer be regenerated at a LifeNet pod inside a PvP area.
• Added icons for all grades of berries, proteins and legumes.
• Exploding Barrels will now cause aggro on the person who shot them.
• Clan Banners no longer give detrimental effects to players who are in the same team as the player who placed the banner.
• Fixed an error that caused players to end up above ground when using Fast Travel to Haven.
• Various memory leak/crash fixes.
• The Resist % values in the gear window now display properly.
• Removed the character build drop down box from attributes window.
Patch 1.9.2Patched on Wed 2011-08-10
Hotfixes (as of 8/22/2011)
• Adjusted description of unused dye items (Brown Dye, etc) to reflect their current state. These items now count as Weak Botanic Chemicals.
• The new Volatile weapons now have Attack Skill values. 15:15
• Suck It Up has had its cooldown reduced to .5 seconds.
• Alpha County armor recipes no longer instantly complete after a relog.
• The armor reduction values of Bend Metal, Dirty Steel, and Overwhelm have been increased.
• Power/Precision bonuses have been changed to 90% Power/Precision and 10% weapon skill from 75% Power/ Precision and 25% weapon skill.
• Players once again gain faster Health, Stamina, and Gamma regeneration rates from sitting, sleeping, lounging, and related stances.
• The Stamina Regeneration penalty from movement has been decreased.
• Precision's critical hit chance bonus has been increased.
• The damage bonus from critical hits has been increased.
• Gamma regeneration is now also reduced while moving.
• The Health derivation is now: Three per Level, Three per Strength, Four per Endurance.
• NPC resistances in low to mid level ranges have been reduced.
• Experienced gained from PvP kills has been increased.
• Combat damage variance is now 0 to + 10%, previously being -10% to +10%.
Skills and Mutations
• Added skill/mutation books to level appropriate trainers across all sectors.
• Stanch Wounds 7 can now be used while moving.
• Benevolence will no longer heal vehicles.
• The errors in the text on the Benevolence 5 and 6 injectors have been corrected.
• Soften 'Em Up now reduces opponent resistances by the stated amount.
• Renew has had its activation time decreased.
• Dent Armor now lasts ten seconds and has had its stamina cost reduced.
• Lucky Break's stamina cost has been reduced.
New volatile weapon recipes have been added:
• Volatile Redstone .40
• Volatile Z. I. Custom
• Volatile M-Croall Shark
• Volatile Bloodvine Axe
• Volatile Heater Club
• Terminal Weapon, Armor and Ballistic upgrade books have been renamed to Volatile Weapon, Armor and Ballistic upgrades.
New Fast Travel System
• A new fast travel system has been added to the game. Players can travel between certain LifeNet pods.
Activating the Fast Travel System
• Previous Fast Travel destinations (Watchtower, New Flagstaff, Trader's Flat, Los Alamos, and Shackleton) remain enabled. Players who already have these destinations unlocked will be able to travel between them with the new system immediately.
• Other destinations must be activated as players help restock LifeNet's supplies. Players need to turn in missions at each LifeNet pod to unlock the ability to use Fast Travel in those pods.
How to Use Fast Travel
• Once a destination is unlocked, all you need to do is talk to the LifeNet Transport Terminal. By talking to the terminal, you will get Knowedge required to transport to this location.
• The list of destinations has a red "exit" x if you do not qualify for that desination. You can select that destination for more information about what you need to enable transportation there.
• The list of destinations has a yellow "conversation" arrow if you meet the qualifications. Any cost associated with that destination is also listed.
Fast Travel Requirements
• The currently used requirements for Fast Travel are the Knowledge for each destination, the chip cost, positive Faction for any Faction towns, and player Level.
• The level requirements are 1 for Sector 1, 15 for Sector 2, 23 for Sector 3, 35 for Deadfall, 35 for Terminal Woods, and 45 for Sector 4.
• New Flagstaff and Barret Manor have a level requirement of 1 to allow low level players easier access to player-run events that often occur in New Flagstaff and Barret Manor.
Setting a LifeNet Pod to Home
• You can set any LifeNet pod as your Home position and transport there with a new item on Reward Point Merchants, the LifeNet Hack: Return Home. Once you have set a pod as your bind point, you can transport there at any time by using the LifeNet Hack: Return Home item.
Other Changes to Fast Travel
• Removed the transport cooldown. You can now use Fast Travel as often as you want.
• Fast Travel now costs chips based on your level and the distance traveled.
• The missions to unlock Fast Travel have been removed. Players who have already done these missions will still be able to Fast Travel to the old locations.
• The level restriction to enter Alpha County from the terminal near The Wall has been removed. These terminals are not attached to the new Fast Travel system.
• The old LifeNet Collar Hacks have been removed from Reward Point Merchants.
New ATV Mission Chain
• The ATV chain has been streamlined for clarity and optimal gameplay experience. This chain will now begin with a system pop-up in your quest log and/or can be taken from John Harris in Embry Crossroads starting at character level five. These new missions will grant the knowledge required to craft an ATV in entirety (including components). Previous ATV missions will remain in the game and now reward components from the ATV recipe – this remaining content is entirely optional. You do NOT need to play the old ATV content in order to craft your vehicle.
• Road Rally missions will now fail if you die or use any form of Fast Travel.
• Fixed an issue that could cause Escort missions to stop working when crossing a server boundary.
• Fixed a case where the hostile Veterans in Enforcer missions in Alpha County would not despawn.
• Fixed an issue where Sergeant Ives would not complete the mission "Food on the Go" in Post 88.
• Moved the waypoint for the missions "Those You Heal" and "Return to Help" in Blockade to the correct location.
• Adjusted creature positioning around Shackleton so that they will no longer attack players in the crafting facility.
• Fixed an issue where Blockade's town faction guards are not spawning.
• Adjusted the final waypoint for the mission "Food on the Go" in Post 88.
• Fixed a typo in the mission "A Curse on the Blessed."
• Changed the mission "Zone Blitz" in The Repository so that it no longer requires an old skill book.
• Changed the mission "Falling Stocks" in The Repository so that it no longer requires an old skill book.
• Adjusted the mission log text for the mission "Best of the Rest" in Kristo's Rest to properly reflect the required actions to complete the mission.
• Changed the mission "Ants, Schmants" so that both the Venomous Worker Ants would count towards the goal in addition to the Venomous Warrior Ants.
• Changed the mission "Disabling Assault" so that the mission item is no longer depleted until the mission is complete.
• Adjusted pathing issues in the instance "Pathogenic Prognosis".
• Adjusted the goal requirements of the missions "Bethesda" and "Scorpion Bites" in Clinton Farm.
The following missions will pop-up in your quest log starting at certain player progression levels. These missions cover various plotlines throughout the game:
• You’re Dying – level 5
• Building Your ATV – level 5
• White Crow Battalion – level 7
• Global Tech Storyline – level 13
• Added a Crafting Bundle to Progress, Stronghold, and Citadel. This creates a general crafting facility that works for all tradeskills.
• Increased the effectiveness of the Medical Units.
• The Attackers in Progress Town are now level 25.
• The Attackers in Citadel are more dangerous.
• Increased the number of possible attackers per wave.
• Decreased the mission lockout timer to 15 minutes.
• Increased the prices on the the special component merchants.
• Attacker bosses have slightly more loot.
• Decreased the component cost of the Medical Units.
• Many buildings now use updated models which look better and are more efficient.
• The collision on the Bunker model has been updated.
• Increased the default range of Camp buffs.
• The Camp creator now has to be in range of the Camp to get the buff.
• Team members can no longer choose to destroy camps. Only the creator of a camp can destroy the camp.
• When you deconstruct regular camps, there is a chance you will get some salvage from the camp.
• Added an Auctioneer Camp Bundle to Advanced Camps 2.
• Players who attack a Camp in a Progress Town or in a non-PvP area when either the attacker or the camp's owner is not World PvP flagged will be very sad.
• The Training Dummy and Firing Range camps now create multiple targets with different stats.
Faction Control Points
• Faction Control Point guards in Blockade now chat in Region when they are attacked.
• Fixed a bug that prevented a Faction Control flags from finding the correct system event.
• Fixed a bug that prevented Faction-specific harvest nodes from spawning in Blockade.
• The Faction Control Towers have been updated again with different collision. If you still see players or NPCs on these towers popping between the terrain and the surface of the tower, please report it.
New Reward Point Items
• V.A.L.E.T. and W.H.I.S.P.E.R. create a temporary Garage Manager or Stable Manager so you can tow your mount or do one minute worth of mount management.
• Weak Anabolic Enhancer is a speed boost that can be used on horses and other living mounts. Note that this can also be used on pets, so be careful about your target when you use this item.
• Clan Banners can be placed in any outdoor area. These either give a buff to all clan members nearby or give a debuff to all non-members nearby. Clan Banners only debuff players who are not in your Clan in PvP areas, but they can debuff NPCs anywhere.
• Updated the list of destinations available in the failsafe LifeNet pod to include Terminal Woods and Alpha County. This pod is only reachable when a problem occurs while transporting a player out of Blood Sports.
• Blood Sports eligibility is no longer obtained from an event in game, and associated questors have been removed from the world. Instead, all clones will become eligible automatically upon reaching level 5. NPCs discussing the history of Blood Sports and each of the match types will remain in the world, unaffected.
A new family of clones has settled the Wastes in recent weeks! Meet the Halls: Lance, Samantha, James, Dallas, Annie, Bert, Christopher, and Sally. They’re determined to provide a harder, better, faster, stronger training regime, and they’re ready to go anywhere and to any lengths to meet your needs. The Halls have modified their clone collars for fast travel – going to Trader’s Flat? They’ll meet you there. Need a little training in Shackleton? It’s their next stop, baby. And luckily for you, this service-oriented family troupe is specialized in mutation, combat, support, and physical ability lines. Looking to learn some Suppression techniques – Samantha’s where it’s at. Dallas prefers First Aid among other abilities while James is into Nano-manipulation. The only thing we have to wonder with this group is just who’s a brother/sister duo and who’s husband and wife! So stop by any of these towns on their trade route and introduce yourself today:
• Sector 1 - Oilville, Spider Hill, Coppermine, Watchtower, Trumbull, Odenville, Embry Crossroads.
• Sector 2 - Sunshine Corners, New Flagstaff, Thorne’s Bluff, Haven, Post 23, Picus Ridge, Fracture, Credit Bend.
• Sector 3 & Deadfall - Banker’s Hole, Chemtown, Warhall, Gaia, St. Sebastians, Black Hill, Trader’s Flat, Diesel Town, Los Alamos.
• Sector 4 - Camp Sagan, Desolation, Post 88, Mercy, Scorcher Base, Redemption, Shackleton.
• The Interceptor Security Model no longer states that it cannot be repaired.
• The Interceptor Security Model now has four inventory slots.
• Added Barter and Utility Vaults to Shackleton.
• Added a Bunker Bar in Shackleton.
• Added a garage near the teleport pod on Alpha Zone's side of the Wall.
• Added barter, sector, and VIP vaults to Blockade.
• Added a mailbox to Blockade.
• Added colorful junk scavenge nodes to Blockade and Alpha Zone.
• Added faction nodes to Blockade.
• Added walls to the central area of Blockade.
• Added a crafting facility to Blockade.
• Added crafting facility signs to all towns with crafting facilities in Alpha Zone.
• Replaced the vault models in Alpha Zone.
• Added repeatable missions to gain faction in each faction town in Alpha Zone.
• Mailbox in Scorcher Base is now working correctly.
• Repeatable missions have been added to Redemption, Desolation, Camp Sagan, Scorcher Base, Post 88, and Mercy to facilitate players earning faction through PvE.
• Modeled and textured new building asset for progress town social building.
• Modeled and textured new building asset for progress town crafting building.
• Modeled and textured new building asset for progress town storage building.
• Modeled and textured new oil derrick.
• Updated texture, collision, and pathing on faction control tower for Blockade.
• Added a Bunker Bar to the north eastern corner of Shackelton.
• Fixed a fire particle that was floating near the Shackelton garage.
• Added a Garage to the entrance Lifenet facility in Alpha County.
• Changed splash screen.
• Modeled and textured new building asset for progress town merchant building.
• Players who have left the tutorial will no longer respawn at the LifeNet Pod in the Town Chooser room.
• Adjusted the placement and pathing of the Hulk Troopers to the southwest of Los Alamos.
• Added faction nodes to Fender Gate.
• Added faction nodes to Haietta.
• Fixed an issue where several coyotes were spawning as merchants.
• Added a garage to the LifeNet pod between Reyes Mine and Spider Hill.
• Fixed a stamina issue being caused by Black Velour and Maroon Interceptor.
• Slowing Poisons and Snare Grenades no longer stack, and now correctly trigger That All You Got?!
• Added additional metal scavenge nodes across the Lower Plateau.
• The Omega Arms Asclepius now uses the correct ammunition.
• Kinetic hammer damage has been adjusted to the appropriate level.
• Removed Alpha Instructions 4 and higher from vendors.
• Crude, scrap, average and improved gas masks now as stated only provide poison, acid, radiation and disease resistance.
Patch 1.9.0Patched on Wed 2011-07-06
Dirty Tricks is a skill line for debuffing opponents. It offers:
Dodge gives a passive bonus, opposing the extra damage provided by the Precision, Power and Weapon skill lines. It also offers:
Escape Artist is a defensive skill line that affects your stealthiness on the radar map. It contains:
First Aid is a support set, with:
Group Tactics is also a support set, focused on auras:
Heavy Weapons offers the player the ability to use grenade and rocket launchers, as well as:
Melee, together with Precision and Power, determines your bonus critical chance and damage percentage when using Melee weapons and also offers:
Pistol, together with Precision and Power, determines your bonus critical chance and damage percentage when using Pistol weapons and in addition contains:
Power, together with the appropriate weapon skill, determines your bonus damage percentage and has:
Precision, together with the appropriate weapon skill, determines your chance for a critical hit and provides:
Rifle, together with Precision and Power, determines your bonus critical chance and damage percentage when using Rifle weapons, plus:
Social in addition to its financial benefits, is a personal aggression control set and has:
Alpha Mutations are intended for the early game, when players do not yet have a full skill bar. They will only increase up to rank 4. The available alpha mutations are:
Empathy is a support set with:
Enhancement is a support line with additional personal defense:
Illumination is a support line providing additional resources and regeneration:
Nano-Manipulation is an teammate-focused support set:
Patho-Transmission is a support set that debuffs your opponents:
Primal is a very physical mutation with:
Sonic Influence is a damage-focused set with:
Suppression is a redistribution support set containing:
Telekinesis is focused around aimed mutation attacks, with:
Thermal Control is a damage skill set:
Progress Town Buildings:
Progress Town Defenses:
Faction Control Points:
Skills and AP: