Access to all of the Premium Features is available for a one-time charge of $9.99 USD. In order to access the Premium Features, you must first have the Companion App. For more details read below.
Companion App FAQ
1. What is the Fallen Earth Companion App? Providing real-time access to the live Fallen Earth server, the Fallen Earth companion application allows you to access several key in-game systems via your iPhone, Android or Blackberry. Keep track of your mailbox, auctions, crafting queue, character stats, friends and clan mates while on the move.
2. On what platforms is the app available? The app is available for iPhone, Android (OS 1.6 and higher. Now available with the latest OS, 2.2) and Blackberry devices. (Note: The Blackberry app is currently not available on the Storm or Storm 2).
3. What features and functions are available on the original companion app? Current features include the ability to switch between characters and:
View Crafting: View available recipes and check progress of those currently active.
Visit the Auction House: Browse items up for bid and keep tabs on your own auctions.
Check Your In-Game Mailbox: View incoming and received messages.
Access Achievements: View all acquired achievements, those in progress and your current score.
View Online Friends: View clan mates or friends lists to see who is online and socialize with other players.
Chat with Other Online Players: Chat in several different channels, such as Help, Clan and Faction.
Examine Characters and Stats: Switch between characters and view your currently equipped gear, stats, pack, and weapons.
Access the World Map: Open a full overview map of each of the three Sectors and newly opened area of Deadfall.
4. What features and functions are available with the “Premium Features”? The premium features extend mobile interactivity, allowing players to:
Download in-game mail attachments
Send in-game mail message
Send in-game mail message with chips attachment
Send in-game mail with item attachment with CoD (Chips on Delivery)
Bid on items from the Auction House
Buy items from the Auction House
Post items in the Auction House
Start crafting an item using pack components
Complete the item from your crafting queue
5. How much does the app cost? The original app for the iPhone,Android and Blackberry can be downloaded and installed for FREE. Access to premium features can be purchased for a one-time charge of $9.99.
6. How much does access to Premium Features cost? Access to premium features can be purchased for a one-time charge of $9.99.
7. Where can I download the original app for a(n):
iPhone: The iPhone companion app can bedownloaded from the iTunes store or directly from App Store on your mobile phone by searching “Fallen Earth Companion App" or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fallen-earth-companion-app/id374551719?mt=8 You will need an iTunes account to purchase the application. To download iTunes or create an account, visit http://www.apple.com.
Android: The Android companion app can be downloaded through the Google Android App Store, which you can access using your mobile phone. Search “Fallen Earth” to bring up the application.
Blackberry: The Blackberry companion app can be downloaded through Blackberry App World.
8. Where can I obtain access to the Premium Features? You may purchase access to the premium features via the Fallen Earth website. Click here to visit the store. 9. Is a network connection on my phone required to use the app? Yes. As the app connects to the live game server, a network connection is required for use (wi-fi, 3G recommended). 10. I don’t have an iPhone, can I use my iPod Touch to download and run the application? Yes. However, you will need to make sure you have a wi-fi connection set up in order to log in and access the server.
11. Can I be logged in on my computer and the app at the same time? No. You can only be logged in on one device at a time since you are logging into the actual game.
12. What can I access if I’m a trial user and I have the app? Trial users may access all of the current features of the application. *Note: that any features of the game that are restricted on the PC for trial users will also be restricted to those users on future companion app upgrades.
13. Will I still be able to view the app once my trial expires? You will still be able to access the server via the app if you convert your trial account to full account and select a subscription model. If you do not convert your trial account and your trial ends, you will not be able to log in to the app. Users must have an active game account to log in and use the application.
14. What constitutes an “active” game account? An active game account holder will have either free play time on their account or a current subscription.
15. I was an account holder, but I cancelled my subscription. Will I still be able to view my account? No. As the application is tied to the live server, you will need to have an active account in order to log in and use the application.
16. I have more than one Fallen Earth account. Can I view details for all of the accounts through one app? Yes. You have the option to log in under any account when you first run the application. Note that they must be active accounts.
17. I have more than one Fallen Earth account. How do I set a particular account as the default account I’ll be able to view? If you would like to set the app to remember a particular login, simply hit the “Remember Login” option after you have entered your account information on the log in screen.
18. I have more than one Fallen Earth account. How do I switch to view my second account? You will need to log out or close the application to switch to a different game account.
19. I have more than one character on my account. Can I see information from each character and send messages from those characters? Yes. Once you’ve logged into the application, select the “Character” icon on the iPhone or “Character Sheet” icon on an Android or Blackberry. You can return to this option any time while using the app to switch between characters to see stats, email, private messages, etc. from each.
20. I had a Fallen Earth account and canceled my subscription. I saw an offer for a free replay weekend. Will I be able to access my account through the app during the replay weekend? Yes. Because the application is connected to the live server, if you reactivate your account for any reason (via free play time or subscription), you will have the ability to log in and use the app.
21. I have a reviewer account. Will I be able to access the account through the app? Yes. As long as you have an active account (free play time remaining), you may log in and use the companion app. If you would like to extend play time on a reviewer account for companion app review purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. I purchased the app before I created an account. How do I add an account? If you do not have a current trial account or have not purchased or been gifted the game with 30 days of free play time, you will need to create an account and select a subscription plan in order to log in to the companion app (just as you would to access the game on a PC).
24. My (achievements, gear, level, etc) isn’t showing up properly on my app. How can I fix this? Please exit the application, reboot your device and log into the application again. If this does not fix the problem, please contact email@example.com if you are using an iPhone or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are using an Android or Blackberry device.
25. What happens if my phone partially downloads an update? If you are using an iPhone, please delete the icon from your home screen and re-initiate the download through iTunes. If you are using an Android or Blackberry device, please re-download the update.
26. What happens if the app or my device sticks or freezes? If you are using an iPhone, please restart your phone by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. A red ‘Shutdown’ slider will appear; slide it and wait for the phone to fully shut down (screen will go black), then press the power button to restart the phone and application. If you are using an Android or Blackberry device, please remove the battery and restart the phone. *Note: Please visit the Forums for an update on known issues.
27. On my Blackberry I received the error message "Server Error:java.io. IO Exception: Tunnel Failed," what should I do?
If you receive this error message, please call your carrier to ensure APN settings are correct.
Q: I am having trouble logging into my account. I keep receiving an invalid password response when I know I am typing it correct. What should I do?
A: There are three possible solutions that will fix this issue:
1. Please make sure that the autocorrect function on your mobile device is turned off.
2. Be sure to capitalize/not capitalize when needed as the password is case-sensitive.
3. If your password contains a special character (such as * or #), you may want to change your password to avoid these characters. You may change your password at any time via your account management page on the Fallen Earth website.
If you are still unable to log in after trying these solutions, please contact support at email@example.com. How do I...? Access Features:
How do I see my stats? iPhone: To see your stats, click on the Character icon on the Main Menu, click Stats, and use the top navigation bar to view all your information. Blackberry/Android: To see your stats, click on the Character Sheet icon on the Main Menu, click Stats, and select the desired category from the menu.
How do I chat? iPhone: To send a message, click the Chat icon on the Main Menu, select the channel you would like to chat in, and touch the chat bar to begin typing.
Blackberry: To send a message, click the Communications icon on the Main Menu, click Chat, select the channel you would like to chat in or create a new private chat, and then begin typing.
Android: To send a message, click the Communications icon on the Main Menu, click Chat, select the channel you would like to chat in or create a new private chat, then touch the chat bar to begin typing.
Can I see my Pack? iPhone: To see your pack, click on the Character icon on the Main Menu, click Pack.
Blackberry/Android: To see your pack, click on the Character Sheet icon on the Main Menu, and then click Inventory.
How do I see my currently equipped gear?
iPhone: To see your equipped gear, click on the Character icon on the Main Menu, click Gear, use the navigation bar to view your equipment.
Blackberry/Android: To see your equipped gear, click on the Character Sheet icon on the Main Menu, click Gear,and then scroll to view your equipment.
How do I filter profanity? iPhone: The profanity filter switch is on the options page. To navigate to the options page, select Help/Options from the Main menu, and then click on Options.
Blackberry/Android: The profanity filter switch is on the options page. To navigate to the options page, select Options from the main menu.
How can I adjust my crafting queue? iPhone/Blackberry/Android: Adjusting the crafting queue and the ability to craft an item is a feature coming in a future update.
How do I send mail and receive items? iPhone: While you can view your inbox and read incoming messages, sending in-game mail and receiving items are features that will be available in a future update. To view your inbox, click Email from the Main Menu.
Blackberry/Android: While you can view your inbox and read incoming messages, sending in-game mail and receiving items are features that will be available in a future update. To view your inbox, click Communications from the Main Menu, and then click E-Mail.
Buy items from the auction house? iPhone: Currently you may search and view items you have previously posted to the auction house, however the ability to buy and sell on the auction house via the app will be available in a future update. To search the auction house, click Auction House from the Main Menu.
Blackberry/Android: To search the auction house, click Auction House from the Main Menu, and then click Search Auctions. Find an item you wish to purchase. Click on bid. You may bid or buy it outright from here. If you click bid, it will increase the bid by one. If you want to buy it outright, a confirmation screen will popup to confirm the price before purchasing it.
Create new items for sale on the auction house? iPhone: From the Auction menu choose the ‘Create Auction’ button. Use the paperclip icon to choose an item to post. Then use the ‘Starting Bid’ chips and ‘Buyout Amount’ chips to set the auction parameters. The bidding time button sets how long the auction will last.
Blackberry/Android: Click on the ‘Create Auction’button. Select the item you wish to sell. Enter the starting bid and the buyout amount using the chips on the screen. Click ‘Create’.